Monday, October 16, 2006

This is how they do it!

It looks like William and I will be joined by Peter (from Czechoslovakia) for our regular tennis sessions. That's an Englishman with an Italian mother, a Frenchman and a Czech all with an English spelt first name. I find that a bit odd. Anyway, this morning was the second such threesome and boy, do you have to work hard. We played 2 on 1 which means that the person on their own has a lot of running about to do. After a good warm up we play five games each as the 'one'. The games are even more competitive than when William and I used to play on our own. William and Peter won two of their five games each and, neeless to say, I won three, but it was tough. (I'm surprised you mentioned it - Ed.)

***

Always one for the quick, incisive riposte, Chris (ex journalist and author and more recently chef) makes a somewhat bitter but funny comment to my recent post 'How do they do it?

No comments: