Saturday, October 14, 2006

How do they do it?


Here's another article from NewsBiscuit which I found funny. It occurs to me that if you like this type of humour you will look there yourself, so I won't post links in future.

***

I spent a great deal of time yesterday getting the computers up to date. After installing Office 2003 (Student and Teacher Edition - much, much cheaper than the regular price, if you have children at school or children who are teachers, or even if you were ever a child yourself), you are prompted to check for security patches. This entailed not only hanging around for the installation of the new programme, but also downloading and installing over 60 megabytes of security patches for each machine. This was a seriously boring process.

***

To cheer ourselves up, Glyn, Jan and I went to the relais in Montmirat for dinner. We all had the 11.5 euros menu, which includes wine, stuffed ourselves on the four courses and finished with a bill for 36 euros. How do they do it?

1 comment:

Chris said...

How do they do it? By paying their staff/themselves fuck all for working 70 or 80 hours a week.
Ask me how I know.