Monday, August 28, 2006

Never let a man buy a Breitling


I have mentioned before about my displeasure with my Breitling watch and this feeling was further compounded over the weekend. The tiniest of screws from the metal clasp has fallen off which means that until my next trip to Nîmes I can't get (or possibly order) another, which means that I can't wear the bloody thing. Great! I bought this watch when I had more money than sense. The advertising promised me that I would need one to fly a plane (as long as you didn't mind being a few minutes late), that I could join the jet set sipping Martinis on the back of their yachts and that I would have great sex with the women of my choice. What actually happened? Well, the bloody thing is always a few minutes out, costs a fortune to be serviced every two years because the wind up knob refuses to screw down correctly when you have to change the date or time and the metal bracelet keeps falling to bits. As for the plane, Martinis and sex, all I can say is, not yet! Jan, who has a huge collection of cheap watches that she uses as fashion accessories, tuts at my stupidity. She may have a point!


***
The parcel didn't show again today, however Pierre did and he worked some more on the pool. He's done a good job. Thanks Pierre!

No comments: