Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fatter and uglier


Whilst the Warrens went to Anduze to catch the
steam train, Jan and I popped over to Nimes to pick up Jan's son, Josh. Even with all the recent security and airline problems, the plane was only 45 minutes late. On a separate issue, with airport security at the highest it has ever been in the UK, the fact that a boy could pass through all the security checks and board a plane with no ticket or passport is quite amazing. Read about it here.

***

One side benefit of having Barry Warren to stay is that I get a good hit every day. Barry was a very good tennis player and coach, so after half an hour I'm dead. For various reasons William and I haven't hit for ages so I'm becoming even fatter and uglier (see picture of fat Italian above). This week should be useful for both of us, because Barry is also fat and ugly (with friends like you .....Ed.) and it will do us both a power of good!

***

I persuaded Jan not to cook couscous tonight because I fancied a chunk of meat. Josh is also a good eater so barbecued lamb steaks it was, preceded by a North African meze and followed by either an apple tarte or tarte au citron (my favourite).

No comments: