Thursday, July 20, 2006

A table for how many!


For the second day running I have smoked salmon sandwiches and fruit for lunch. This is real comfort food for me. I'm in heaven. It will all change when Jan gets back so I make the most of it.
The Lloyds invited me to the night market in Nimes tonight and very good it was too. The only problem was where to park. Every bit of above ground space was taken and all the central car parks were full. This was quite unusual. The answer became clear as we drove around the arene where we realised that Depeche Mode were playing. At this time of the year
Nimes holds it's festival of music and in fact we are going to the arene on Saturday. In the past we have seen Elton John and Joe Cocker (who was fabulous) and this Saturday's treat will be Texas. Anyway, we eventually parked at the railway station which is only a short walk out of town.
The night market had brought thousands of people into the streets and the place was really humming. A table for 10 was starting to look a bit dodgy but your hero came up with the goods and we actually all sat down in the street at my favourite pizza place. An excellent evening.

No comments: