Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A new coat of arms


If you regularly read these ramblings then may I suggest that you have far too much time on your hands. However, I do appreciate you spending your free time with me. Ann, who obviously has a great deal of spare time, sent me this.Use your mouse to move Zidane and left click for a head butt. Relive the tension of the World Cup final right here on your desktop. Thank you, Ann.

***

This is terrible news. On the basis that if you ask any man if he gets enough sex, then the answer is likely to be "No". The ability to produce sperm artificially is the start of the long road to doing away with men altogether. This is something that Jan mentions frequently! Brothers, we have to nip this in the bud, as it were. Pass this on to every French male that you know. A few ports blockaded, motorways closed and general rioting will get Chirac to call an immediate halt. If only William had got elected. I could have sorted it out with one quick phone call!

***

When I thought that William might get elected, I put some thought into my forthcoming coat of arms. Comte Alex d'Hampshire has a nice ring, don't you think? Anyway, I include the Hampshire County Council coat of arms above as a taster. I didn't get round to doing the lions rampant and all that stuff (more like a wine bottle with corkscrew rampant - Ed.) but I did decide on the bit of Latin at the bottom. It will read: Semper ubi sub ubi ubique. For you poor people wot never did Latin at school, you will find the translation here.

No comments: