Saturday, July 08, 2006

Few words suffice for he who understands


Jan, hiding in a field of sunflowers just outside the village. Can you spot her?


***

It continues to be oppressively hot. Today was the 18th consecutive day with a temperature at 32C or over. Having nipped into the supermarket in Sommieres for a few things, we couldn't be bothered to visit the market square, even though I knew that it was Peter's turn to buy the drinks!


***

I fancied a curry yesterday but Jan didn't, so being a caring, thoughtful man, I acquiesced to my beloved's wishes and we ate in. Today was different, I used my manly charms (you don't even know what that means! - Ed.) and we went out to eat. We ate at Le Palais des Roses in Lunel. This is as close to English curry that we have found but I suggest that you be advised by the owner. When I ordered Chicken Chilli he told me not to have that but to have Chicken Karahi with more chilli. It was good. The food element of the meal came to 40 euros but bottled beer (he only sells one, from India) is expensive at 5 euros a bottle. We enjoyed it.


***

Someone quoted some Latin at me today, which I liked, so I thought that I could take this blog at bit up market by adding a bit of Latin myself. Today's thought for the day: Inventas vitam iuvat excoluisse per artes.

This one I really like: In dentibus anticis frustrum magnum spiniciae habes.

(Isso fede - Ed.)

For translations see here.

No comments: