Saturday, June 24, 2006

You're never over 45, are you?















Imagine the scene. I'm standing in Market Street in the middle of Manchester waiting for Jan. She approaches with the hugest of grins on her face.

"Que passa?" I said. She told me that she had been stopped by a woman conducting street surveys.
"Excuse me Madam," said the interviewer, but could I ask you about your hair products.
"Certainly," said Jan.
"First I need to ask you your age," said the interviewer.
"I have a bus pass," said Jan.
"I'm so sorry," said the interviewer, "I thought that you qualified but I'm looking for women under 45."


As you can imagine Jan (pictured above, as I like to remember her), was hugely flattered and hasn't stopped telling people, well, anyone that will stand still for an hour or two.


***

Whilst Jan stayed at home tending the flocks, I took the gang to market and to Tyroliane. Several of them attempted, and finished, the black run. This is seriously difficult and requires a huge amount of upper body strength. They completed it but boy were they tired at the finish.


***

Back home for more tennis and a bbq cooked by an expert, me! We started with gazpacho, prepared by Jan, a selection of meats cooked sur le barbecue, by me and Jan's famous chocolate soufflé. All this washed down with white from Domaine Arnal and an oak aged Merlot from Domaine de Baubiac. I slept well!

No comments: