Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Phew, what another scorcher

As I write, it is over 36C in the shade and it's difficult to know how to stay cool, especially when doing jobs around the house. I down tools and head for the pool because that's the only thing that really works. The pool temperature is 29C, with no additional help, and it's been like that for a couple of weeks, but it still cools you down. As someone said yesterday, "And it's still only June."

***

One of the small jobs that I had to attend to today was to create a fixing in the kennel to which I can attach a chain, to attach to Max. During the party on Sunday, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a black shape wandering amongst the guests. We thought that they were both contained safely in the kennel but no, Max had decided to meet all the visitors. He doesn't often try to get out but, with one leap, he can if he really wants to. And this, despite the fence being nearly 6 feet high. I will eventually put a permanent roof on the run but until that time it has to be a chain. One side of me is irritated but one side of me is proud. That's my boy!

No comments: