Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cherry picking

It was England's, and manager Sven's, last friendly on home soil before they set out for the World Cup in Germany next week. What good it is to play a team like Jamaica, I'll never know. England won 6-0, which I suppose gives them a confidence boost, but Jamaica were hardly strong opposition. Anyway, they had no injuries and good luck to the lads.


***

The Mistral has been blowing for 6 days now and it is starting to get a bit irritating. There are a couple of jobs I want to do outside but the wind sort of prevents that (in my day it was called being lazy - Ed.). At least we got to pick the final cherry harvest, but we still have no idea why one tree produced fruit a few weeks ago and the other this week. Ah, the mysteries of a horticultural life! I'm sorry I can't show you a picture of the latest cherries but we ate them all for pudding last night.

***

The dogs started to play rough and tumble in the living room last night and broke a lamp before I could stop them. Max, sensibly, just gets out of the way when I shout at them, but Minnie goes into a stupid 'I'm sorry routine' that eventually involves submissively lying on her back. Why can't all women be like that?

No comments: