Saturday, May 27, 2006

Not so much a parrot















I've been inundated, well, one person wrote to say that in my posting of 24th May, I inferred that the bird that I'd hung on the terrace is a parrot. He points out that it is, in fact, a toucan. Happy now Monsieur Pedantic of France? Talking about birds, we seem to be seeing more than our fair share of bee eaters this year. They appear all over the place but particularly on one road out of the village.



***

Charlotte (above), accompanied by a beheaded monster, needs to buy some wine to take back for her father so we pop into Carnas on our way to the market in Sommieres. Needless to say their new red goes down a treat and so dad is going to be a very happy man.

***
I'm running short of white wine, coupled with the fact that Charlotte wants to bake a surprise birthday cake for Willy, so we (the boys) head off to Domaine Arnal. As it happens, Willy has driven down in his Porsche and kindly lets me drive. It's ages since I've driven a sports car and this was great fun. I feel a mid-life crisis coming on. (In your case, a mid-geriatric crisis - Ed.)

No comments: