Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Is there no end to this man's talent?

Willy and Charlotte leave today, for the drive back to the UK. They have been such good fun and a pleasure to have around. We shall miss them.

***

Lots of little jobs have been building up, not the least a bad water leak from an outside tap. I called the plumber last week, and again this week, but he has still not returned my calls. What is it with artisans in France? Surely they can give you the courtesy of a phone call? Even if to say that they are too busy. Anyway, Jan suggests that I fix it. Whilst I realise that it can't be that difficult, my concern is that if I take off the tap and somehow make a mess of it, then we could be without water for some time. The tap is on the main run to the house with no means of isolating it without cutting the water to the house. (I'd ask you to repeat that but I'd fall asleep - Ed.) So moi, the intrepid, amateur plumber cuts the water, buys a new tap, and replaces it without any new leaks. There was one small hitch however, in that no matter how hard I tried, the tap always finished upside down. Bum. Foreman Jan decides to leave well enough alone.

No comments: