Monday, April 10, 2006

Reds under the bed

If you want to spend a lot of money, the easiest way to do it is to sit on the Champs Elysée, late at night and drink spirits. Here are four experts, Me, Will, Jan and Ginny.


***

I have often expressed my lack of knowledge and understanding of French attitudes and behaviour and in particular how these attitudes manifest themselves in terms of demonstrations, strikes and their government. This interesting article by Caroline Wyatt goes some way to a better understanding. It is a sensible explanation that has the ring of truth.
***
The weather was miserable this morning so I got my drill out and fixed a new mirror and shower caddies in our bathroom. They had been sitting there for a few months so I expect Jan will be duly grateful (yea, she might just feed you tonight - Ed.). I hate drilling through wall tiles because the drill bit scoots all over the place, scratching the tiles until it takes hold and I'm always scared that the wall plug will split the tile as I tighten the screw. A life full of tension and excitement!

1 comment:

Bob Walder said...

Hmmmmmmm...... From "Bob's Big Book Of Bodge-It-Yerself":

When drilling on glazed tiles, try affixing a couple of pieces of insulating tape to the tile first and drilling on that.