Sunday, April 09, 2006

For 'macho', read 'stupid'




















It was my son James' 30th birthday the other day. I phoned him and said, "Happy Birthday son, I'm calling you from the top of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris." To which my smartass son replied, "I know where the Arc de Triomphe is dad!" Funny isn't it, I can still remember the time when he didn't know his arc from his elbow!
I include a recent photo. I wonder if he actually ever took off?

***

Life is full of really pleasant surprises. A very nice lady (I have to say that), that I have never met but with whom I have exchanged emails, has written from Oregon USA and wants to meet up. One side of me is very flattered, and the other side of me remembers the film Fatal Attraction, from whence the phrase "bunny boiler".

***

The Lloyds (and extended family) arrived to day. The women very sensibly took the plane and got here in less than half a day. The boys did the macho (for 'macho' read 'stupid') thing, set off yesterday morning by car and arrived late this afternoon.
Jan, in her wisdom, invited everybody for aperos at 18.00, to try the 2005 white and rosé from Coste Plane, and the reds from Domaine de Baubiac. The Lloyds, in their kindness, invited us back for dinner. I was very happy with the exchange because Glyn and Martin served up a delicious roast lamb and Jan was going to cook me leftovers.

No comments: