Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fly through the air with the greatest of ease

We used the kennel today for the first time. We anticipated a longer than usual trip into Nîmes, so in they went. As it happens we were over 5.5 hours so it was a sensible move. One of my jobs was to pop into the garage and moan about the length of time it was taking to get the car CD changer back from repair. There I was practicing my French phrases with words like 'poor customer service', 'it's been over 5 months', 'can we sort it out now' and other relevant thoughts when the chef d'atelier asked us if we could wait whilst it was fitted. Whilst I've had the upper hand for the last 5 months, I really hated that smug look on his face as he took the wind out of my sails. I hope it goes wrong again so that I can go back and regain the moral highground.

***
Glyn (next door neighbour who is over until Easter) and I took the children (all 4 of them) to an adventure park called Tyroliane about 20 minutes away. This park covered a few acres of woodland and offers aerial challenges for adults and children of all ages and abilities. A lot of the challenges were quite scary, being high off the ground and involving a lot of courage, but as long as you followed the instructions and used the safety equipment that was provided, you were safe. I got a crick in my neck after 2 hours of looking up at all the activity in the trees above me. Good fun if you are somewhat athletic, but not for me guv.

No comments: