Saturday, March 04, 2006

Is that book interesting dear?

In need of something to feel righteous about, but in reality because the water had turned an olive green colour, I decided to clean the pool. It's amazing how 75 cubic metres of avocado soup can turn to an azure blue in such a short time. And yes, I did feel self righteous.

***

It was Woody Allen who once said, "Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go, it's a pretty good empty experience."
This reminds me about when I complained to a friend, that the woman I was with at that time, didn't seem to enjoy sex. Being a man he was immediately interested in my observation.
"How does she display this?" he asked.
"Well, she didn't stop reading her book," I said.
Being a kind friend and trying to cheer me up he said, "You can always tell whether she was enjoying it or not,"
"How?" I said.
"Did she turn the page?" he said.
Crestfallen, I remembered that she had in fact turned the page.
***
Following last night's dinner, we went this morning to Domaine de Baubiac to see if we could taste some wine. As Jan correctly observed, I was on a mission. The sign on the caveau door said open between 11.30 and 13.00. A strange opening time by French standards, but not so strange by another French standard, because there was no one there. Anyway, I made contact and arranged to return at 16.00. We met with Raul Philip, one of the two brothers, the other being Hervé, and he offered us 4 wines to try. They were so good and so very much to our taste, that it was difficult to chose. So we bought some of each. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments: