Monday, March 13, 2006

Give me patience

Because James and Pauline had very kindly let us use their bedroom, we left Brighton early so that they could get on with their lives and we could head north to meet Jan's sister Valerie.

On the way, we stopped off at Marks and Spencer (I'd noticed that you hadn't mentioned it yet - Ed.) so that Jan could take some items back that she had bought 2 days previously. Furthermore, despite my suggestion that she buy something that would be useful and improve her life, she promptly filled a trolley with clothes, that she tried on, and then put back. What is it about women and shopping? I actually don't mind shopping, but this was a total waste of 1 hour of our lives. (What happened to all your birthday good will? - Ed.)


Val was in fine form and after a pub lunch (I had a pint of Badgers, which was really good) we headed back to Hinxworth for an Indian curry with Jill and Harry. The perfect end to the day - and the week.

No comments: