Monday, February 27, 2006

How to sex a bird

I have never been able to tell a male bird from a female, but it's easy when you know how! Click on the image to find out. (That's such a cheap shot, but what else would I expect from you? - Ed.)

***

Jan's art class restarted this morning, so I tackled a few jobs around the house. (Like reading the paper, surfing the net and making cups of coffee - Ed.).

***

Not usually being a fan of this sort of thing, I thought that the closing ceremony at the Winter Olympics was quite spectacular. It's difficult to imagine how the organisers for successive games come up with new and different ideas. Having said that, some of the displays were difficult to understand unless you had some kind of commentary. It was not easy to understand some of the symbolism. I presume that you get comfortable with some of the wackier ideas in design meetings after an explanation from the weirdo that thought them up, but in the cold light of day (or night) they should at least make obvious sense to the average Joe. I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but I can't be the only one.

No comments: