Friday, January 06, 2006

A rude awakening

It snowed last night, well, not snow but sleet or rather slush, but either way it left a thin layer of white on the ground. The dogs seem to be sensitive to bad weather and don't want to go out in it, so this morning I had to push them out of the front door. So there I was smugly thinking that I'd got the better of them, when I heard them yelping at each other and playing with their toys. Max, of course, had let them in out of the rain, through the back door. We then had to deal with wet paw prints and other dirty marks throughout the lounge and kitchen. When am I going to get the hang of this?

***
The poor weather relegated us to a nice lie in, a breakfast of poached eggs, my favourite, (everything's your favourite - Ed.) and jobs inside the house. The first job was to fix the front doorbell - done. Next to backwash the pool (it's about to overflow) and third to to fill in some bits around the fireplace with some special heat resistant mortar. I bet you're impressed?
***
I had a terrible shock this afternoon. There I was reading Kevin's blog and he brazenly admitted that he wasn't immortal. He has been misleading so many of us for a very long time and I suspect that it will take an even longer time for the pain to heal. Watch that man!

No comments: