Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ice stops play

One thing that I didn't envisage when we moved here was that ice on the court would prevent tennis being played. It was so cold last night that everything outside was covered with ice that shimmered and glistened in the sunlight this morning. But it also meant that a call to William was needed. We'll try again tomorrow.

***

Julie from PicWines called round this afternoon in order to let us try some wine that we need for a forthcoming dinner. If you are ever thinking about buying wine from this area or if you would like to organise a wine tasting in France or the UK, then this is your company. They have carefully researched wines from Languedoc Roussillon and we have never been disappointed with their findings. After sampling three reds, we chose a Chateau Valflaunès, Hardiesse 2002. Yummy.

***

When I write my book on understanding female behaviour I'll start here.

Jan: How do you think that I should do that?
Me: I'd do it like this.
Jan: How come you always tell me how to do things?
Me: Because you bloody well just asked me.

Funny how easy it is to start an argument.

No comments: