Thursday, January 12, 2006

By the light of the silvery moon

Leafing through Le Guide Hachette des Vins 2006, shows how many interesting wine makers there are in this area, and that's without going next door into Herault. There are some right on our doorstep, one near Quissac, another near Sauve and one right here in the village. It's generally quiet for us at this time of the year and we usually amuse ourselves with brief visits to new places and wine tasting. Good things to look forward to.

***
Who says that Friday 13th is unlucky? I do! We went to bed shortly after midnight last night having let the dogs out for their final sniff around. Min came in from the cold as any sensible dog would, but could we get Max in? The moon was very full and it was almost light outside and he decided that he was on guard duty again. We tried everything to coax him in, all our tricks but finally gave up. Jan, who finds it more difficult to sleep than me when he is out (it's a maternal thing) finally let him in at 03.30. I wonder if it had anything to do with a full moon? I didn't notice Jan behaving strangely.

***

There I was lying in bed trying to cheer Jan up and I said to her, "I'm going to make you the happiest woman in the world tonight."
She said, "I'll miss you!"

No comments: