Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Wot, we have no bananas?

I forgot to mention that yesterday I restored national pride by beating William 6-2. He failed to understand why he lost, "Ce n'est pas possible," he muttered as he shook his head after each losing point. Ah well, no banana today then!

***

Everybody leaves today (he said with a sigh of relief), with 10 people leaving first thing by car, and the others needing lifts to their respective airports later this morning. Guess who's got the Marseille run again? Then, when I got back and because I'm a very kind person, I drove to Montpellier as well. Some couples are higher maintenance than others. But what really gets my goat is those people that can drive but don't and expect to be run around. We even have a car that they can borrow but do they offer to go to the shops? What do you think? Ok, rant over, altogether a successful family gathering. But I can wait until the next one.

***

Jan uttered the ominous words, "We have so much food left over." What was it I said about buying smaller turkeys? Now starts a few weeks of eating leftovers and tonight was cold turkey (again) and salad. I've not had a hot meal for 2 days, he said bitterly, but tomorrow I can feel a curry coming on.

No comments: