Friday, December 09, 2005

Nuclear powered

Up at 05.30 to let Minnie out (she had another dry night, bless) and then off to the Cinique Valdegour in Nîmes for 07.25. I have to say, that from my limited experience, hospitals in France are first class and this one is no exception. Altogether, I'm there for about two and half hours whilst they inject me with nuclear fuel, take pictures of my ticker in repose, then onto a static exercise bike for more nuclear gunge, whilst wired up to an ECG machine. Later, they take more pictures to see what things are like after the exercise. All this, and lots of pretty nurses, for the princely sum of 79 euros.



***

We have a couple of major items to buy in Nîmes (a third fridge and a new cooker - who says we're obsessed with food?), as well as taking Jill and Harry to the airport, so Minnie goes for her first outing into town. She's a little too young to leave, even with Max, so she has to bite the bullet (or rather we do) and come with us. Early signs are that she doesn't like the car, so that now makes two of them. Bum.


***

Penny reminds me that Miss Languedoc is the new Miss France. Very attractive, I'd have voted for her! Well, there you go, you can't say that you aren't kept fully informed. Up to the minute news is just one click away, stay tuned. Thanks, Penny.

***

I've had a headache most of the day which came from too much nuclear fallout. I was warned that it was a possibility by Doctor Radioactive this morning. Because I was feeling sorry for myself, I requested, and got, a Thai style vegetable curry, followed by figs, from the garden, cooked with cardamom. You see how well I live!

No comments: