Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A dog's conscience

So the conversation goes like this:

Max. Hey Min, I don't think that you're supposed to do that.

Min. Look, I'm the new kid on the block and I can get away with murder right now.

Max. But Min, I used to be told off for doing that.

Min. Butt out, dog breath, this is fun.

Max. Ok, ok, there's no need to be abusive.

Min. Look, you knock that big pot over, and inside all that muck, which by the way tastes nice, you have these things that I saw HER planting the other day.

Max. Oh Min, I'm sure that we shouldn't be doing this. But you're right these things do taste nice. This takes me back to my childhood.

Min. For goodness sake, just stop reminiscing and knock another one over for me.

Max. Oh Min, SHE'll be here soon.

Min. Are you a rottweiler or a chihuahua? Get on with it.

Jan. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Min. It was him, I'm too small to knock the pots over, err, except the plastic ones, they're a bit easier.


Max. I told her not to do it, honest.

Jan. BOTH OF YOU INSIDE. NOOWW!

Alex. Look at the mess they're making on the floor, keep them outside.

Jan. Don't tell me what to do. Have you seen the mess outside?

Alex. Look at the carpet. I've just cleaned up in here.

Jan. WELL CLEAN IT AGAIN, I've got to clean up outside.

Max. Come on Min, let's get out of here. This sounds like it could be a big one.

Min. Can't HIM and HER exercise any self control? Let's go and fight in the study.


Yet another wonderful start to the day with the nuclear family!



***

Alain, the artist, came around tonight at 19.15 to say that he was going to Spain tomorrow and did we want anything like cigarettes or cigars. He explained that his brand of cigarettes were 1.50€ in Spain and 4.50€ in France. The return journey, which he was going to do with his friend costs about 50€, and his share of 25€ was recouped with the purchase of just one carton. Alain likes a drink (and fags – Ed.) so we opened a bottle of Le Lys 2004 from Buzet which we bought when we visited Harold & Elizabeth near Agen. Nice.

No comments: