Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sheets made for a king

The tennis games are now so close, that by 09.00, when we are normally finishing, we had still only played 4 games. A tie-break decided it, but modesty prevents me from saying who won. (I notice that you haven't mentioned that he beat you the last two times! - Ed.) William didn't really believe me when I told him that Max now opens doors. So there we were sitting inside having a coffee, watching Max, through the glass doors, sitting outside, when he raises himself and turns the handle with his paw, opens the door and lets himself in. The spring in his step is quite noticeable.
***
Now this isn't normally something that I talk about, being a fairly butch kind of person, (not what I've heard - Ed.) but last week we bought some new bedding from Marks & Spencer. Normally I would run a mile from sheets made from jersey, but I like these. They are a little warmer than normal and have a very soft sensuous feel (you knew I'd get round to the real point didn't you boys?), a bit like silk. Not that I've ever slept in/on silk sheets. The most exotic bed that I've ever slept in was a huge round raised monster with a few steps up to it, columns surrounded it supporting a mirrored top and sheer voile curtains between the columns. There was also a sunken bath that you could walk into, just next to the bed, but heavens knows what that was for? You get the picture? All this decadence was at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. Ahh, those were the days.

***

Now where was I? Oh yes, this was from last nights Newsnight email:

"Today's Quote for the Day comes from an editorial in the Miami Herald about the visit to the USA of Charles and Camilla:"


"It's the un-Diana tour in which a couple of middle-aged, earnest eccentrics from the English countryside take an educational holiday abroad."

No comments: