Sunday, October 30, 2005

Small steps forward

I spent the morning trying to sort out my various computer problems. I managed to restore my internet connection on the laptop, by uninstalling the recently installed XP Pro. Going back to Windows 98 gave me connectivity again. A classic case of don't fiddle, just leave things alone if they work well.
I'm still working on the other two problems, the major one being my own sick PC and the minor one being a failure with the wireless range extender. If all this computer stuff is making you feel sleepy, I apologise but until I sort it out, I won't feel whole again.


***

I'd seen this before but thought that it was a coincidence. Max has learnt how to open a door. He will only do it if he is very excited, like he believes there is something outside to see, but he stands on his back legs, brings his paw down on the handle and lets the door swing open. Having now done this a few times, I think that he has figured it out. We also have sliding doors out of the study onto the terrace and he has worked out that if he sits down next to the door, the act of sitting down and pushing at the door at the same time, will open the door sufficiently for him to get out. Now, if I could just get him to weed and cut the lawn, that would make me very happy! I wonder if he knows anything about computers?

No comments: