Thursday, October 13, 2005

A little knowledge does not go a long way

Jan goes out for lunch, with the girls, and leaves me to slave over a warm computer. I spend all morning dealing with phone calls and other bits in connection with next week's trip. We are going to cross the English Channel (for free this time) with SpeedFerries, so I ask Jan to buy me something for travel sickness. Just starting to think about it makes me feel light headed. A seafarer I am not.
(At least you know how people feel when you start spouting off - Ed.)


***

I spend a lot of the afternoon trying to upgrade my laptop to XP. It seems to go well, despite dire warnings from the Dell site that XP is not supported, but after getting the wireless card to work, I have no network connection. In the process of installing XP, I have lost my network configuration so I try and remember what I was taught by Chris W, the original Doctor K, (coincidently, I'm seeing a much prettier, female Dr K tomorrow), but after several fruitless hours I still can't connect it to the network. Bum. I retire beaten, but alive and determined to fight another day.

No comments: