Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Busy, but not really achieving much

Amongst lots of other minor things, we start the day by taking the Jeep into Nîmes to get the seat fixed. Part of the seat mounting has broken so that it tips over when I go round a right hand corner. Very disconcerting and a little dangerous. We leave it for the day. Knowing that we would have to go back into Nîmes, we found things to do and spent the afternoon there. When we go back to fetch the car at 17.00, we find that they haven't finished it. I know I should have called them to check progress but, because we were in Nîmes, I didn't bother. Bum, a wasted afternoon.

***

Finally, late last night, I got some webcams working. One for me and one for Jan. I'd seen them earlier in the day at 19 euros each which seemed a good price. The idea behind this being that, if I can convince Jan's daughter to install one in Brighton, England, Jan can talk to her granddaughter on a regular basis and they can see each other at the same time. Well, that's the idea. I'm not sure why at this stage, but the latency when Jan and I tried to communicate was awful and effectively made the system useless. I need to understand why. We shall see. I'll post the question on my favorite message board, when I can get connected.

No comments: