Tuesday, September 27, 2005

To kick or not to kick

Alphonso and Bettie, play Floyd and I at tennis this morning and kick our asses. They play really well and don't let us even get started until it's too late. We took it far too casually. Well played, chaps. James joins a little later and, after lunch, they leave for home via Nîmes. I pop into Domaine Langlade on the way back for a couple of boxes of their delicious white, which everybody likes and which we go through very quickly.

***

We now have a couple of days with no guests (except Floyd) so I fit a couple of new USB 2.0 cards into my computer because I'm running out of USB slots. Despite one not fitting properly, they seem to work first time. Hmmm.

***

Jan prepares a scaled down meal tonight of spaghetti with a puttanesca sauce (my favourite) and fruit. I particularly like this sauce because it is rich and flavoursome but mostly made with vegetables. We need to get some order into our lives, stop eating three course meals twice a day and start eating less indulgently. My next trip to the nutritionist is in October and I couldn't stand another telling off. We shall see.

No comments: