Monday, September 26, 2005

Shake your ass, Floyd

Floyd likes to talk, to stay up late, and to talk, and in case I haven't convinced you yet, he likes to talk. The other week I asked one of our guests, who had stayed up with him, what time he went to bed. "Oh about 3.00 am," he said. "I had to give Floyd a damn good listening to." So, when Bettie and Alphonso want to take a car to visit Arles with Floyd, we have to drag him out of bed as usual.

***

My Nikes have finally given up the ghost, so it's off to Decathlon in Nîmes for a new pair. I manage to pick up a pair of Nike Zoom Air, reduced from 110 euros to 79. Now watch me float around the court. (At 116 kilos, don't you mean waddle? - Ed.)

***

The intrepid travellers return from their day in Arles and the Pont du Gard. It's their last night so we finish off with a warm bacon and avocado salad, Coq au Vin and a lemon surprise pudding, all washed down with an award winning Viognier, Les Collines du Bourdic. Scrummy.

No comments: