Monday, September 12, 2005

OK, so what are the Ashes?

Another hit this morning at 8.00 am, though I must say I struggled to get out of bed. It was much cooler during the night so it was on with an extra layer before venturing out this morning. The forecast is good for the rest of the week so hopefully it's not time for the thermals just yet. I spent a little time trying to explain to William (he's French) a little about cricket, but we both gave up when his eyes glazed over and we decided to concentrate on our tennis instead.

***

It's funny how email viruses appear periodically. I use Norton Antivirus and so far it has protected me well. Viruses have started to appear again and I'm now getting 3 or 4 per day. I suspect that someone I know has been infected, but how to tell?

***

It's the final day of the cricket (is that a sigh of relief I can hear?) and it continues to excite. England must hang on and get as many runs as possible because this Aussie side is no pushover and they must not be given an inch. It's nail biting to the end. If England win, it's a result that they haven't achieved for 18 years.

***

Stop Press: England have retained the Ashes. Good effort to the team. Both sides were good value for money and instead of doing jobs around the house I spent most of the day in front of the television. A good effort from them and a poor effort from me.

No comments: