Sunday, September 25, 2005

Oh no, not Trivial Pursuit

Cheiko and Amanda leave for the UK via the airport at Nîmes and James leaves for Sommieres to spend a couple of days with friends. It transpires that as a student, he spent 8 months in Sommieres teaching English. Another, small world story!

***

We have a lot of rain overnight, which carries on during the day, so there is much TV viewing and general relaxation. A good idea, in the scheme of things, because this group rarely gets to bed before 3.00 am. Last night someone had the bright idea to start playing Trivial Pursuit at 11.30 pm, women vs men. As this game lasts several hours, those that have to get up early the next morning were well advised not to start. Some just can't help themselves, so even though I'm smart and go to bed at a sensible time, I'm woken at 2.00 am when a certain quiz queen comes to bed. Said quiz queen continues to moan about being tired all the next day. Sympathetic I most definitely am not, which then gets stored into said quiz queen's memory for use and abuse at a later date. This is something that I call 'the 20 year rule'. I can't tell you the number of times in my life that this has been used on me. There I am having a friendly discussion, OK, an argument, with my other half, when she throws a snippet of ancient information (hence the 20 year rule) into the proceedings to justify the argument about my continuing bad behaviour. If only 'positive information' was stored and used in the same way. Wouldn't the world be a happier and less stressful place?

PS. The women thrashed the men, but only because I went to bed!

No comments: