Friday, September 16, 2005

And, it will do this as well!

I spent many a happy hour this morning fiddling with my new phone, identifying the 100 and 1 things that I would never ask it to do. Because I agreed to stay with SFR, my mobile provider, I was able to buy this pocket marvel for 49 euros. Again, thanks to modern technology, I was able to download an English version of the instruction book which totalled 149 pages. So now, if I want to watch football, surf the net or take photographs, I know how to do it. I think not!

***

We left for an early dinner in Nimes because it is the Feria de Vendages. There should be lots to see and do, and so it transpired. The atmosphere was excellent. We headed for our usual pizza restaurant (photo top left) and then wandered the streets soaking up all the sights and sounds. The most amazing event was a huge 'float' that circled the town, that had been made to look like a huge mystical white galleon, with pirates all in white, and surrounded by huge white grotesque 'creatures' on stilts. These creatures wandered amongst the crowds creating quite an eerie feel. My description does not do it justice, but believe me, it was quite spectacular, similar in some ways to the show at the start of the Olympics. We then walked over to the Arene where our (mine and Jan's) favourite brass band was playing. The conductor (photo bottom left), dressed in all red top hat and tails, dances and prances as he conducts the band. Great fun. It was a warm balmy evening so we finished it off with a Hagen Daz ice cream each. I had Lychee and Ginger with another ball of Mango and Cream. Delicious, and yes, I know, I shouldn't have had it.

No comments: