Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Thank you very much

Thanks to one and all for your kind messages of support for Jan, but I'm a bit surprised that no one has written to offer me any moral support in my hour of need.
(They know you too well - Ed.)


I plough on regardless, getting breakfast for everyone and generally making myself useful. This morning, I played an hour of tennis, worked on the pool, put in a load of washing, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, hung out the laundry, weeded in the garden, played with Max, and tended to all Jan's needs. And just in case anyone is listening, I like my rewards now, not in heaven!

***

Floyd calls this afternoon, from the UK, on Skype. We sit and chat for ages all for free. It's a good programme and since we have been using it our phone bills have been decimated. Take a look here if you are interested. Anyway, we chat about his forthcoming trips in August and September.

***

Jan is still laid up, so James and I go looking for new sources of wine (as if we really need to find more). We head off to Domaine Arnal in Langlade, about 20 minutes away. We sample all their whites and their two expensive, 12 euros, reds. This place could turn out to be a serious find. But more to the point there must be hundreds of boutique domains like this in Languedoc all producing excellent wine. I need a bit more time to sample their goodies under a variety of conditions but I suspect that this is a good find. What I am particularly interested in, is a 10 litre bag-in-box Grenache, Roussanne blend at 2 euros a litre. They appear to use Roussanne a lot in their whites and very nice it is too. Watch this space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry (and quite worried) about Jan's being so ill. And, we certainly know that, aside from Alex's becoming the chef (could that possibly be?), he must be drinking far too much wine while cooking -- ah, well, drowning one's sorrows could help. We wish Jan a speedy recovery since Alex couldn't possibly be keeping up with the laundry...or Max has eaten it up!! And, our bets are on Jan for losing more weight than Alex! Ginny and Will