Saturday, July 02, 2005

If it's Saturday it must be?

OK, so we like Sommieres market. This market just seems to get better and better. However, Jan is always complaining that she only ever gets the chance to buy her clothes from a market stall, and I say, what's wrong with a blue and red striped shirt with a No 10 and Ronaldo printed on the back?
(Because he now plays for Real Madrid and the shirt should at least be white - Ed.)
We need some fruit and a couple of bits so off we go. Shopping done, we sit down at Bar Partropi for a bit of refreshment. After the first bottle of Viognier, from the local cave cooperative, we are joined by Bob and Lynne, and pooch Harry, and Peter H. Another bottle it is then. I really don't like drinking at lunchtime, it's when I make all my worst decisions, however, a good decision was for B & L to come back for lunch so that Harry and Max could play for a while. Jan rustles up a delicious avocado and bacon salad, I rustle up some more wine, Harry and Max played for three hours solid and a hazy afternoon was had by all. Mine was particularly hazy, and when I woke at 7.00 pm, I was just in time to watch Venus Williams picking up her Wimbledon trophy. She must have played well!

***

Another application for wasp stings, as supplied by Will, is to use toothpaste. I asume this helps relieve the pain as well as whiten the area.

No comments: