Sunday, July 03, 2005

Get well soon

Jan was not well this morning. She ached and shivered all over, which I think are the classic signs of alcoholic poisoning. Anyway, she decided to stay in bed, so I needed a crash course in finding all the breakfast stuff, like milk, spoons , bowls etc. She kindly drew me maps and diagrams and I single handedly got my own breakfast. I bet she won't show any gratitude. I also secretly hoped that she would get better by lunchtime or it could turn out to be a really disastrous day. If I let her make me some lunch, it will be on the strict understanding that she doesn't pass on any germs. How can I look after her if I'm ill as well?
The day got worse! I had to get both lunch and dinner. My culinary skills were sorely tested but as the song says, "I will survive."

***

The men's final at Wimbledon showed Federer at his awesome best. It's difficult to see anyone challenge his No 1 position and assuming he keeps healthy he is likely to hold that position for some time to come.

No comments: