Thursday, June 16, 2005

What a lovely way to lose weight

It's busy today because Anne, Jenny and Olivia arrive for a few days of R&R and this afternoon it's off to see Dr K, the nutritionist recommended by the lovely Dr J, in the beautiful town of Montpellier. It transpires that Dr K is even better looking than Dr J, and is showing a very fine cleavage. How the hell am I supposed to concentrate on what she is saying? Thank God Jan is here, at least one of us will listen to what she says. Before examining me, she instructs me to take off my shoes and trousers (which came off inordinately quickly) and amongst other things she leans over me to take my blood presure. It's a little high she says (I don't bloody wonder, I think), it must be me she says, (you have no idea, I think). Even Jan sees the funny side of all this and starts to giggle. Anyway she is very efficient and quite bossy (I realise that I quite like this) and sets me off on my route to better health. What she doesn't know is that fifteen minutes before the appointment, I had this huge piece of cream filled cake, sort of a final fling before my purdah. If she's any good she'll sort that out as well I say to myself.

(Somehow I don't feel that you are entering into this in the right spirit - Ed.)

***

We have never been to this part of Montpellier before and it has a distinctly Parisien feel. More to the point, we park right next door to this huge viaduct that must have been used to bring water into the large gardens nearby. Very impressive! The area is known as Arceaux (pronounced arso) and we feel we should explore it more.

No comments: