Friday, June 03, 2005

A sterile male is worse than useless

Reading this article today made me feel very sad, because I am both male and sterile!

***

Jan has a well deserved lie in this morning. She is pretty pooped after all our visitors. Throughout the month, she handled herself with great dignity and self control and didn't let me down once. I'm going to put her in for the "Wife of the Month" award.

***

A surprise phonecall from Andy H this morning - he's over in the Marseille area and can he stop by tonight? Andy is in the process of starting a business in the south of France. He has a very talented tennis playing son and is considering moving him to a well respected tennis school near Nimes. This school provides a French education, in small groups, and is run by a highly respected tennis coach. Pretty damn near perfect really.

***

Mummy (this shows that I have a soft and gentle side) arrives today, so it's off to Nimes. I keep hearing stories that the airport at Nimes may close down, which would be a significant inconvenience if it were true. Ryanair have three flights a day into Nimes, so that equates to about a jumbo jet worth of people in and out each day. Unfortunately these are the only flights.
Mum walks unaided, with all her bags, from baggage reclaim and we are delighted to see her. Not bad for an 81 year old. I only hope that I will be able to trot around Europe at that age. I feel very proud of her!

***

I barbecue fish for dinner. Mum and Andy are in great form and we have lots of laughs. Andy and I start to work our way through a bottle of Absolut vodka after dinner, and a jolly good job we did too.

No comments: