Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A shortage of mince pies

Jan leaves for a quick trip to the UK today. She intends to be present at our grandchild's second birthday. The price of flights with Ryanair makes this type of trip quite feasible. It reminds me that, by the beginning of December last year, I had eaten all the mince pies. Pies that we had brought back with us from an earlier trip in October.

"What will we do?" I wailed. "How will we cope?"
Jan placed her soothing hands on my fevered brow and said, "Fear not, my little one," (Jan has an eyesight problem) "Mummy will take care of everything."

Superwoman then books her flight back to the UK and returns the next day with many boxes of said delights, plus other goodies, enough to keep me quiet for a day or two. Good old Ryanair! For my part, they tasted particularly good because, even with a cheap flight, they were so expensive!!

No comments: