Sunday, June 19, 2005

A new arrival

Anne, Jenny and Olivia leave today. We take a detour through Nimes for a little 'on the hoof' sightseeing on our way to the airport. The roads are quiet, well, they would be at 8.30 on a Sunday morning, and we arrive in good time. They are very nice people and we are sorry to see them go despite the fact that Olivia drinks too much and is generally very rowdy.


***

If by chance "New Arrival" made you think that Jan is pregnant, then think again. My No. 1 daughter arrives to day after a quick stopover in the UK on her way back from the States. This is only the second time that she has visited us in France because she has previously been in other parts of the world. It transpired that her flight was delayed by nearly an hour. I have met only two BA flights from Gatwick this summer and they have both been delayed. Prices with BA are generally more expensive than Ryanair, and I would need a compelling reason to fly with them.

***

I have just realised that I have a problem with my internet connection and it may take me a few days to sort it out. Watch this space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

just worth saying it is worth keeping an eye on BA pricing.
It seems to be unpredictable, but bargains can be had.

I used them 2 weeks ago (booked 3 weeks earlier) and paid GBP 14 each way + charges totalling Euro 98.

I booked 2 trips at the same time, and had to cancel the 2nd trip. BA refunded the charges (Euro 60), which is better than Ryanair ?

Peter