Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ouch that hurt

One of last weeks guests trained as a doctor and he told this true story.

Imagine a pompous, formidable and intimidating consultant putting his trainee doctors through the hoops.

"Hart, see that woman over there?"
"Yes sir."
"Well I want you to give her a rectal and vaginal examination."
"Yes sir."
"Ok then get on with it."
"Yes sir."
"Haaaaaaaaaart."
"Yes sir."
"Not both at the same time, you idiot."

***

Will and Ginny arrive at 6.00 pm. I panic when I see the amount of luggage that they have because I thought that they are only staying for a few days. Panic over when they explain that their next stop is London. Will was my boss for several years in a previous life, we became friends, and he taught me how to run a business. After he returned to the States, I took over the reins and the rest is history. This is the first time that we have met Ginny, and very nice she is too (I have to say nice things because I know that they are regular visitors to this page, so email me for the lowdown). Despite everything that I am told, Ginny can drink. Will, Jan and I are working our way through several bottles of Merlot and, "I never drink more than one beer", Ginny, is slowly working her way through a bottle of our locally produced rose. As the Americans say, "we were all over served".

No comments: