Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Weird behaviour

It's really weird, but regular as clockwork, whenever I suggest that we eat out, it is always at about 6.00 pm on a Monday. I promise that when I make the suggestion I never think about the time or the day, but as soon as Jan giggles, I realise what I've done. So, last night, (now that the village restaurant has closed) off we go to our new local, Mas de Roux, in nearby Bragassargues. The restaurant is a very large, very airy room, that despite its size always feels comfortable. There's only one, four course, 20 euros menu. There is a reasonable choice of starters, and the main course is a selection of meats, beef, lamb, veal or pork, which are cooked to order over a wood burning fire. This is then followed by cheese and a selection of gateaux style puddings. The wine list features local wines and is reasonably priced. One thing that I really appreciate is the linen tablecloth and napkins (you can see that we don't get this at home!), so overall, a pleasant and relatively inexpensive evening out.

No comments: