Thursday, April 28, 2005

Vive la television Francaise

OK, so I got it wrong.

I slagged it off the other day but maybe it's not so bad after all. French TV that is! The satellite signal is up the swanny again, so I have a new call out for someone to take a look. My local man is on holiday and doesn't return for a couple of weeks, so I contacted a web based organisation and talked through the problem with them. The finger gets pointed at the dish again (just after it ran away with the spoon - sorry, I couldn't resist it!!).

The urgent matters are twofold. First, there was an important Champions League match being played last night, the semi final between Chelsea and Liverpool, and I really wanted to watch it. Secondly, the UK election takes place next week and we both want to stay abreast of events.

Guess how I could watch the match? Guess who showed the whole match live? Why good old French terrestrial TV, TF1, French TV at its best!

No comments: