Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sleep, books and Happy Birthday

I have always slept very well, however of late, I have a tendency to wake at least once in the night to take a leak. I know that you didn't really want to know that (or as my daughter once said "that's just a bit too much information"), but bear with me. Generally I think that it's an age thing. Sometimes I can get straight back to sleep, sometimes I read until I feel sleepy, and now, for the first time ever, I'm sitting at the computer.

Not earth shattering, and certainly not an unusual event in the great scheme of things, but very different for me. It's 3.34 am and I'm typing.


The book I've just finished, The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, was a good read, and highly recommended. It was slightly more enjoyable for me because it's set in Barcelona, and we recognised many of the places and names. At one point, I did get lost with some of the characters, but that was probably just one of my senior moments. My current read, Boris Becker's autobiography, couldn't send me to sleep (but I bet it has for a few people), so here I am.


I can't even go and watch television because the satellite box has just packed up. Despite appealing, man to man, that it would mean I'd have to talk to my wife all weekend or worse still, watch French television, I still couldn't get a quick fix out of Mr TV Repair Man. I definitely need to improve my pleading skills!

Ouch, my typing finger is starting to get sore and I'm starting to feel sleepy. At least this worked, I'm going back to bed!

Is it any wonder I get up late? This afternoon I set off to borrow a satellite box, that Chris has kindly offered, so that I can start to eliminate some of the possible causes of my TV problems. Bum, still no signal. It's starting to look like the problem may be with the antenna. We shall see.

It's my number 1 son's birthday today. Happy birthday.

No comments: