Friday, April 15, 2005

A public apology

I think I might have overdone it a bit.

Someone, (ie Bob) takes offence at the thought of me showering, en plein air. He sends an email and makes the comment," I hope the shower does not face any inhabited areas... Like France". A bit harsh, but I've got broad shoulders. Unfortunately, the rest of me is pretty broad as well - so I suppose that's what he's talking about. I must therefore apologise unreservedly to anyone of a nervous disposition, or to anyone who was having breakfast at the time that they read yesterday's post. (That's enough about showers - Ed.)

The predicted rain hits this morning so the garden is out of bounds. Max comes in from the garden, not only wet and smelly, but also with some mysterious looking white stuff in patches around his front legs and face. It looks like either paint or mastic. But where has he got it from? I search the garage and garden and can't find anything. Another of life's great mysteries.

Off for my "new" hobby of eating and drinking. We meet Jill and Harry, and we eat at a busy little restaurant in Anduze. I'd heard about this place before. The 8.60 euros four course menu is astounding value.
1. Charcuterie, a bowl of pate (help yourself) and salad
2. Omelette
3. Meat and frites
4. Cheese or desert
In terms of finesse, non of the chefs in France will lose any sleep, but it's good honest food and the place is packed. A good place for the new hobby!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Us writers are safe too - that's "None of the chefs...."