Sunday, April 17, 2005

Even spammers need a weekend off

I have a funny feeling. Despite all my protestations, I'd sort of got used to not having English television, and now that we have it again, I'm starting to find it a bit intrusive. As the great philosopher once said, "that's weird".

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I seem to receive a lot less spam at weekends. I don't get that much during the week, on average about 20 per day and I have message rules set up for those that are not captured by my spam filter, Spam Inspector from
www.giantcompany.com . This all works quite well. However on Saturday I only received 2 and today Sunday only 6. This means that spammers must take the weekend off. So despite being a plague on society, they get tired just like us, and maybe they are warm cuddly people after all. What do you think?

Is it a coincidence that since we moved to this village of 300 souls, 2 out of the 4 permanent English families are moving away?

No comments: