Tuesday, April 26, 2005

And the next conversation goes like this

The next conversation goes like this:

"Hi mum, the ticket is booked, would you like to write down the flight details?"
"I was talking to a man at Church and I told him that I would have to fly from Liverpool. He thought that that was ridiculous."
"Did he happen to mention which airport would be better?"
"Well he told me that they are expanding at Leeds."
" Expanding what? The runway could take years, there are no extra flights, but I suppose they could be expanding their waistlines."

Yes, I'm starting to lose it.

"Alex, he's a very intelligent man. He used to be a lawyer"
"Well that qualifies him to know all about flight timetables. And I suppose that means he always tells the truth? Does he have any experience of flying to Nimes?"
"No, I don't think so."
"Well what does he suggest we do then?"
"He said to keep an eye on Leeds, because they are expanding."
"Are you both suggesting that I am deliberately making you travel by a more inconvenient route?"
"No."
"Are you, or my learned friend, suggesting that there is an easier, cheaper or more convenient way of getting to Nimes?"
"No."
"So you will be happy, 'if I keep an eye on Leeds'?"
"Yes."
"Mum, would you like to write down your flight details?"
"Yes."

This one is going to run. I just know it.

No comments: