Sunday, February 13, 2005

More - getting back to normal

Its funny to think that at this time last week we were driving along the Ligurian coast. Memory is a funny thing. When Jan reminded me, I looked back at the drive with fondness but it had little relevance to my next job of cleaning the pool.

Cleaning the pool at this time of the year involves putting my arm up to the elbow into very, very cold water. Having said that, I have established a system of gloves and plastic bags that helps alleviate the pain. Having never felt the need to put anything, including my arm, into freezing water, it wasn't until I started cleaning a pool, that I understood how people who fall into a cold sea do not survive for more than a few minutes. It can really hurt.

Talking about getting into a pool, at anything short of 28 C, those bits of me that like to remain warm and cosy are not very happy, much to the hilarity of anyone within squealing distance. The realisation that I'm a wimp does nothing to stop the discomfort, so ya boo sucks to the lot of you.

England lose to France this afternoon having thrown away a good lead. I'm miserable.

No comments: