Wednesday, February 23, 2005

From France to England

We cross the channel on a huge, ex Australian navy, catamaran. Remember, I did say that this was cheap! I wondered, why the navy got rid of this boat, but hey, what do I know about these things? They had done a good job of patching all the bullet holes and it was well kitted out. The service was very good and in order to avoid redecorating their all new interior, I spent most of the short journey on the aft deck (I learn quickly don't you know) communing with the seagulls. At £50 return it is highly recommended.

The rest of the journey is uneventful (a total of 1513 kms and a driving time of 15 hrs 45 mins - you're going to be tested on this later, so pay attention.)

That night we treat ourselves to a heart stopping meal of fish and chips.

No comments: